Ten reasons why the Czech Republic can beat Portugal
Czech Republic/ Portugal, 5pm BST, ITV1, bet here
Yes, the Czech Republic looked awful in their opening game and Portugal barely needed to break a sweat to overcome Turkey. But the Czech Republic almost always get the better of cocky Portugal, and they have a great opportunity to do so again tonight – here’s why:
1. Portugal have failed to win any of their last four encounters against the Czechs.
2. Euro 96 was the only time the pair have met at a major tournament and Czech Republic won the quarter-final 1-0.
3. The Czech Republic haven’t lost a competitive game away from home since the last World Cup two years ago
4. Czech Republic may not have looked too impressive in their opener, but they have lost just one of their last 13 matches (a friendly against Poland).
9. Portugal have won just two of their last five games.