Six reasons Liverpool will finally beat Manchester United
Premier League, Sat, 12.45pm, Sky Sports 1, Free £10 bet
Such has been their dominance over Liverpool in recent seasons that it’s got to the stage now where Manchester United roll up at Anfield expecting to win. The home side may be missing Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres but chickendinner believe they will still triumph – and Robbie Keane could silence Sir Alex Ferguson by being the match winner.
1. Liverpool have won their last nine home league games and they have yet to lose at home in the league in 2008.
2. From February onwards Liverpool have comfortably been the best team in the Premier League with a record of 13 wins, four draws and one defeat from 18 games.
3. Last season Liverpool went through their first 14 games without losing in their second home game they produced their biggest league win of the season when they thumped Derby 6-0.
4. Manchester United have won just one of their four games so far this season over the course of 90 minutes.
5. Liverpool have gone eight league games without a win against Manchester United. The last such run occurred between 1996 and 2000 and on the ninth meeting Liverpool triumphed 1-0 and did the double over them that season.
6. This is one game where Liverpool will be glad they didn’t sign Gareth Barry. The Aston Villa midfielder has never participated in a league win against the Red Devils and has lost his last 14 encounters against them.
Other useful betting info
» The last five encounters between the two at Anfield have never seen more than one goal scored – with four being scored in total.
» At Tottenham, Robbie Keane didn’t score in any of his first three Premier League appearances but scored on the fourth.
» In none of the last eight clashes between the two sides have both teams got on the scoresheet.
Super special Spoiler reader offer: Betting on the Liverpool/ Manchester Utd game? Get £10 of free bets with Betfair here