Eight reasons Spurs and Villa will draw tonight
Premier League, 8pm, Setanta Sports 1, Free £10 bet
Last season, Aston Villa visited White Hart Lane on a Monday night and it wound up being a thriller, with Spurs coming back from 4-1 down to earn a point.
Here’s eight reasons we can expect another deadlock tonight, courtesy of our friends at chickendinner:
1. Aston Villa haven’t left White Hart Lane with three points since 2000 and have failed to do so eight times since.
2. Two of the last three contests between the two in North London have finished level.
3. In addition, four of the last six ties between the two at either ground have finished up as a draw.
4. Tottenham’s loss to Sunderland three weeks ago means that they have now gone five home league games without a win.
5. Aston Villa haven’t won any of their last three away league games.
6. Spurs aren’t always the strongest starters to a season and won just one of their opening twelve last season.
7. Aston Villa drew nine of their 19 away league games last season – which was more than any other top-flight club.
8. While Tottenham drew thirteen league games overall last season, which was the joint highest total in the league.
Super special Spoiler reader offer: Betting on this game? Get £10 of free bets with Betfair here