Seven reasons Liverpool will not win in Marseille tonight
Champions League, 7.45pm, ITV1, Free £10 bet
Marseille coach Eric Gerets has been getting himself all worked up with worry about the prospect of English clubs dominating the Champions League yet again. The chaps at chickendinner believe he should untwist his knickers, however, as tonight his side should take points off English opposition this season.
1. Liverpool have failed to win their opening European away game – excluding qualifiers – in six of the last seven seasons.
2. They have already struggled away in Europe this season, drawing 0-0 with Standard Liege.
3. The Reds have scored just one goal in their three away games so far this season.
4. Rafael Benitez’s side have won just three of their last ten on the road.
5. Last season Liverpool took one point from their first three group games combined.
6. Don’t be fooled by their good league start – Liverpool went unbeaten in their first 14 league games last season and had ten points at this stage but still started poorly in Europe.
7. Marseille are unbeaten in their seven Ligue 1 and European games so far this season.
More betting tips
» Liverpool haven’t led any of their six games this season until after the 75th minute and yet are joint top of the league and got through the Champions League qualifiers.
» All six of Liverpool’s games so far this season have been level at half-time – five of them being goalless.
Super special Spoiler reader offer: Betting on this game? Get £10 of free bets with Betfair here