Important England lessons from the Belarus game…
Has everyone got a pen? Take notes, people
After a miserable 5-1 victory over the weekend, it was nice to see England produce something close to decent footie. Rooney – now sprouting terrifying neck hair – had a stonker, the England fans were so passionate about the anthems that they insisted on being a verse out of time, and Heskey got a well-deserved 50th cap. Here’s what else we found out:
1. England will always concede a goal at some point – albeit a fantastic one.
2. Heskey and Rooney work together as a front TWO.
3. We need someone like Hargreaves in the middle hurtling around, yapping away. Too much backing off gave Belarus their goal.
4. Walcott needs time to settle into the team, else risk becoming another Aaron Lennon.
5. If Gerrard plays well, Lampard disappears.One or the other, Fabio. One or the other.