The list: Top six Manchester derby moments (with video evidence)
With Man City hosting Man Yoo on Sunday, The Spoiler looks back at some memorable derby days
1. George Best vs Franny Lee, 1971
A six-goal thriller, notable for the contributions of a certain George Best and little Francis Lee. Vintage stuff.
More Manc magic below:
2. Roy Keane’s revenge on Alf-Inge Haland, 2001
Not memorable in a good way, and it had nothing to do with Manc rivalry, but who can forget the ferocity of Keano’s vengeance: “Take that you c**t.” And Roy seems such a mellow chap today.
3. Gary Neville ignores an old team-mate, 2003
Peter Schmeichel, then in goal for City, makes the classic mistake of assuming that Gary Neville is not a twat.
4. Denis Law shows his class, 1974
In which the Lawman refuses to celebrate against his old club, after a nifty backheel sends United down.
5. City put five past United, 1989
One of the happiest days of any City’s fan’s life.
6. Another six-goal thriller, 1990
We started with a 3-3 classic, and we’ll finish with one too. Interesting to see that even back in 1990, Peter Reid looked about 45 years old.