Top 5: Managers losing it on the sideline
When gaffers lose their cool in spectacular style
For the twelve-thousand time in his career, Joe Kinnear was sent to the stands after reciting his naughty word vocabulary at Phil Brown. The Newcastle manager, however, didn’t get as angry (or punchy or kicky) as some of the gaffers below…
5. A coach in this Egyptian league game between Al -Ahly and Harashuduod gets so animated he starts taking his jacket off and undoing his shirt as he prepares for a fight.
4. Luiz Felipe Scolari gives a left-hander to opposition defender Ivica Dragutinovic after Portugal’s 1-1 draw with Serbia in 2007.
3. Handbags between managers Alan Pardew and Arsene Wenger after West Ham scored a winner minutes from time.
2. Diego Umana, coach of Columbian side America was banned for 11 matches after punching Deportivo Cali manager Daniel Carreno. Eighty people were also injured after crowd rioting in the same game.
1. In 2007, QPR suspended assistant manager Richard Hill for his part in the mass brawl during a QPR friendly match with the under-23 China team. The ruckus only stopped when it was apparent one of the Chinese players had been knocked unconscious. We can’t really tell where Hill features in the medley, but he apparently attempts to punch one of the opposition players.
Any other suggestions? Let us know below…