Five reasons why Spain will beat Fabio Capello’s England
England have won five consecutive away games and Spain have lost their last two matches in Seville but despite those good omens, our friends at chickendinner can’t see anyone beating the Euro 2008 winners right now. Here are five reasons why Vicente del Bosque’s side should triumph:
1. Spain are unbeaten in 28 internationals, of which they have won 25. They haven’t lost since a 1-0 friendly loss to Romania in November 2006.
2. That incredible unbeaten run started with a 1-0 victory over England two years ago at Old Trafford.
3. Spain have also triumphed 1-0 in their last two home games against England.
4. England have failed to even score in four of their last five meetings with Spain whereas the hosts have scored in every home game over the last two-and-a-half years.
5. Fabio Capello was beaten on his last trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium when Sevilla conquered his Real Madrid side 2-1 two seasons ago.