Punditry Gaffe

Video: Alan Pardew accuses Michael Essien of rape

Ex-Charlton manager unlikely to be asked back on MOTD2

Operating under the proviso “if Alan Shearer can do it, anyone can do it,” a jobless man named Alan Pardew was invited to display his punditry skills on Match of the Day 2 last night. If you watched it, and you thought you heard Pardew say Michael Essien “absolutely raped” Ched Evans, your ears did not deceive you.

Afterwards, no attempt was of an apology was made, so presumably such comments are deemed acceptable at the new transparent BBC.

• billy-rupert // March 16, 2009 at 11:12 am

i complained to the bbc – i hate pardew anyway, but that comment was just sick

• Dan // March 16, 2009 at 11:39 am

FFS, get over yourself.

• East End Boy // March 16, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Big-nosed, oily, cunniving and lucky manager that is Alan Pardew … He doesn’t even think before he opens his mouth!

It was a blessing in disguise when we got rid of him.

• Jamie Lowndes // March 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm

LMAO, what an idiot. And it wasnt THAT big of a deal.

• Alan Alan // March 16, 2009 at 5:56 pm

I complained to the BBC too. Not about this, I just like complaining to the BBC. have they sacked Woss yet? Still, the number of ‘Alan’s on the MOTD panel of pundits was getting confusing, so this will be one less to worry about.

Alan

• Ched Evans // March 16, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Not happy.

• Captain Rape Face // March 16, 2009 at 8:13 pm

billy-rupert = Gimp, what a jobs worth you are! Like you’ve never said anything out of turn or totally wrong. The thing is Essien did RAPE evans E.O.S.

• Ryan // March 16, 2009 at 8:58 pm

You complained to the BBC? What a sad life you must lead. I myself found this hilarious.

• Ryan Failey // March 17, 2009 at 12:09 am

i was laughing my arse off at this. i couldn’t believe my ears. had rewind skyHD. i use that term all the time. normally for when my spurs win.

for example, “we raped villa on their own patch”.

it works there too, see?

• peter stringfellow // March 18, 2009 at 12:28 am

who complains at that? seriously mate dont be pathetic. its ppl like u that make this country shit. seriosuly, complainin? u got nothin better to do. im sure you’ve sed sum fuked up stuff b4. so get over it, bet u didnt even see it MOTD2. u just heard about it n thought, wow my life is sad. wot can i do t make other ppls life as gash as mine. did u complain about russel brand and jono ross too? i bet u did. GET A LIFE!!!! SADO!

• Steven Cole // May 3, 2009 at 9:14 am

Alan Pardew has gone up in my estimation after saying that lol

• Steven P // May 17, 2009 at 10:38 pm

When they say, for example, “Ronaldo , mugged there by Fabregas”, implying a clean tackle getting the ball, why is that not condemed? Is rape worse than mugging? Maddness. Pathetic whoever complaimed about this. I hope Pardew gets you fired from your jobs.

• Jimmy // August 4, 2009 at 9:44 am

Yes Stephen P, rape is worse than mugging. Still a quality moment though.