Future Plans

Tottenham release images and details of new stadium

The Naming Rights Arena is starting to take shape

Tottenham’s new stadium

Tottenham first released official details of the proposed Northumberland Development Project last year, and have decided to whet our appetites with a few more pictures and details.

The 58,000 capacity stadium – which looks ever-so-slightly similar to another Premier League ground just down the road -  will be the centrepiece of a complex that will include a luxury hotel, and a space for community events, such as street markets, performers, ice rink or educational activities.

More pictures after the jump…

Tottenham’s new stadium

Club chairman Daniel Levy says:

“Too often new stadiums are surrounded by empty, dead space and we did not want that in Tottenham. Instead, with these new plans for the public square and public space, we have embraced the opportunity to create something truly special for local people.

“In respect of the stadium, we have been urging our architects to push the boundaries on technical design aspects in order to create a tighter bowl and an unbeatable match-day atmosphere. We are currently well known for the fantastic support from the stands and we wanted to ensure that this was retained and prioritised at a new stadium.”

Tottenham’s new stadium

If you’d like more information, Tottenham have released a PDF. It’s 20MB and almost certain to break all but the most robust computers, so download it at your peril.

[Tottenham OS]

• You've got nothing // April 1, 2009 at 10:00 am

Brake = something in a vehicle

Break = cause something to cease function

• Ryan Bailey // April 1, 2009 at 10:33 am

Excuse my poor typing, You’ve got nothing.

I was distracted by the prospect of an ice rink and educational activities.

• Howard // April 1, 2009 at 11:45 am

i hate these pictures.
    they make me feel sick.
    and it will never be as nice as the emirates.

• Nikul Sha // April 1, 2009 at 12:18 pm

yea i know what you mean Howard, Arsenal’s new stadium is gorgeous.
    I wish I was an Arsenal fan too!

• Nick // April 1, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Nikul… how can you wish to be a fan of another club??? very strange.. surely you could wish you were an arsenal fan because of their impressive football – but not because they have a nice stadium!

I hope spurs build this new stadium.. will just make going there and spanking them better.. more disgruntled spurs fans get to watch the game live :)

• Shaggy & Scooby // April 1, 2009 at 1:26 pm

*Looks at the above photo*

“G-G-g-g-ggggggghosts !!”

• DKA // April 1, 2009 at 1:39 pm

I would like to personally apologise to my good friends Howard & Nikul, plus any other Spurs fans I may have offended with my distasteful and bitter comments.

The truth is I am a jealous Arsenal fan who is just a bit upset that our so called ‘state-of-the-art’ stadium has been eclipsed by a team I can barely even say without choking.

I have given my all to the Gooners this season and this is rubbing in what I already knew, the tide of pride is turning in North London.

Please accept my graceful apology and if anyone wants to take it further I will be at The Emirates this weekend trying to sell my ticket.

Free muffin for the first person who gives me a slap!

• Eric // April 1, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Before all Arsenal fans start commenting that we have copied their ‘original stadium’ may I point you into the direction of Benfica’s Stadium of Light. Look at that Gooners and then shut up about us copying stadiums.

• jace // July 12, 2009 at 6:59 pm

lmao yeah what are you on it was arsenal that copied benficas stadium first stupid fucking gooner