Five reasons why Arsenal should beat Man Utd tonight
Arsenal/Man Utd, UCL Semi-Final 2nd leg, 7.45pm, ITV1
Arsenal have underperformed in their two previous semi-final matches this season but Arsene Wenger is confident that his side will deliver tonight and the statistics support him. And if Emmanuel Adebayor can keep his head out of the Milanese clouds for just 90 minutes, his partnership with Robin van Persie could make the difference. Our friends at chickendinner give five reasons why Arsenal could do it…
1. Arsenal have won two and drawn one of their three home games against Manchester United at the Emirates.
2. The Gunners are currently enjoying their best home form of the season having won six straight matches there.
3. Arsene Wenger’s side have conceded just one goal in their last 12 home games – scored by Nicky Barmby for Hull in the FA Cup. They have never failed to score against Big Four opposition at the Emirates.
4. There has only been one occasion over the last decade where Manchester United have gone into an away Champions League knockout round second-leg with a lead – the semi-finals two years ago – and on that occasion they were beaten 3-0 away to AC Milan.
5. Van Persie’s return could prove vital for Arsenal. The Dutchman has started two Champions League home games this season alongside Adebayor and the duo have scored three goals each in those matches – winning 4-0 against Porto and 3-0 against Villarreal.