Change of Heart

Carlos Tevez changes his mind about wanting more first team football

Argentinean no longer worried about warming the bench

Mark hughes, Carlos Tevez and Garry Cook

At the time of his messy divorce with the Red Devils, Carlos Tevez’s agent Kia Joorabchian claimed his client’s move was motivated primarily by a desire for first team football.

Now that he has received his pay day at dream transfer to Eastlands, however, featuring on the team sheet every week is no longer a priority. Shortlist Magazine discovered this much when asking the wet dog-alike if he feels threatened by the competition to start at his new side:

This change of tune is likely to raise eyebrows, much like his surprising post-transfer revelation that Alex Ferguson never spoke to him (something we disproved here).

Elsewhere in the interview, Tevez reveals that he is looking to buy Cristiano Ronaldo’s old house, and that he is a “family man who doesn’t do anything interesting enough to get in the papers”. Natalia Fassi and Mariana Paesani would probably disagree.

Shortlist
also ask the whether he is worried about getting stick from Manchester Utd fans:

No, my relationship with the United fans was always excellent. They were very supportive of me, and they will always be close to my heart. I hope I will get a good reception, because I am very fond of them and we had a good understanding.

Read the rest of the interview here

• Eddie // July 30, 2009 at 12:48 pm

At least he will not be overlooked by Mark Hughes. Fergie overlooked him by favouring Berbatov instead. There is some difference here and you have to remember that.

• George // July 30, 2009 at 1:52 pm

What? Wet-dog-alike? Just give some respect to this lad. Overlook his talent because you laugh at his look, you could pay a heavy price. Warn you.

• Berti // July 30, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I love his MASSIVE headband.

• Luis // July 30, 2009 at 3:55 pm

So this means dudes who play well must be considered “charming and adoring”, George?

By the way, no one’s overlooking his talent, because the note has nothing to do with pitch issues.

Skip school and you might get a little bit obnoxious in your comments. Warn YA!!!!

• Rob // July 31, 2009 at 2:01 am

Talk about taking things out of context. He never said he expected to play in EVERY game at United. He wanted to earn a place as a regular starter based on performance which was never the case at United from the moment Berbatov arrived. Here’s the full Question and Answer:

Q – What with all the new players at Man City, are you worried about getting in the starting line up?

A – When you are at a top club with top players you understand that a big squad is needed and you won’t play every game. We will hopefully play a lot of matches this year with the league and good cup runs and I am sure there will be a chance for everybody. I am here to play football and when I get my chance I do everything I can to impress the boss.

————

He was simply annoyed that after finishing 2nd top scorer the season before, rather than signing him up, United went and signed Berbatov instead for £32m, he went straight into the team at his expense, and then he was picked him for most of the big games without even having to earn his place as a starter while Tevez was relegated to 3rd choice back-up player. As far as he was concerned he was treated unfairly. When he scored 4 goals against Blackburn he was back on the bench next game, similar things happened after other games. He realised no matter how well he played he would never be a regular starter at United and so decided to leave.

• Red Rupert // July 31, 2009 at 7:34 am

Fact remains, he still seems suddenly tolerant of the squad system since his sudden increase in salary. I wonder why? Yes, he was replaced the following game after scoring 4 vs mighty Blackburn in the CCC. It happens to better players than him. He still appeared in plenty of games for United including half a game in the European Cup final. Berbatov only played half a game in the final but didn’t moan. He had very little to complain about really – picking 4 goals out in a Micky Mouse competition is being a bit selective considering his abysmal return apart from that. I think he practically scored half his season’s tally in that game, so try again. Silly argument. If you think he’s gone to Ciddy for anything other than the money, you’re either gullible, stupid or a MASSIVE Ciddy fan. Which happens to amount to the same thing really.