Betting News

Is Harry Redknapp about to leave Tottenham?

Gaffer suddenly favourite as next manager to go

Harry Redknapp

For reasons that we have yet to establish at the time of writing, Harry Redknapp has shot to favourite in the next Premier League manager to go market. He is at 7/4, with Paul Hart languishing behind in the sack race at 3/1.

In the last hour, Paddy Power have stopped taking bets on his departure.

Has there been a fallout? Is it dangerously close to the annual date when Tottenham traditionally sack their manager? Or is this another Ribery/Benitez-style betting scam?

• wozza // October 2, 2009 at 11:40 am

Just heard he’s been caught taking a a bung – REALLY hope it’s bollocks. COYS

• Sean Elder // October 2, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I think it’s about time they sacked him because he reminds me of a decent good manager and that bis something tottenham should never have.

• Kevin // October 2, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Decent good manager????

Isn’t this like the 5th time he’s been looked at for dodgy dealings. Not to mention all the alleged misdeeds that haven’t been investigated, no smoke without fire.

Anyone with shares in brown envelope company’s sell sell sell!

• Beach_Bum // October 2, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I do not think that Harry will leave volontarilly.This is his big chance to make a name for himself as the manager of one of the premierships leading sides.a side that will very probably make Europe next year and has a chance of cup glory .However, the deviousness of Mr.Levy( “whose word no man relies on”),
    makes anything possible.I classify myself as a Londoner because even though I was not born within the sound of Bow Bells,I was born within the sound of WHL on a good day.

• Frank // October 2, 2009 at 1:07 pm

I bet harry put a few quid on this before the odds dropped

• JimmyMac // October 2, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I hope he hasn’t jepordised his career as i like Harry as a Manager especially of Spurs as i’m a Lilywhite thru and thru.

I don’t like speculation or rumour as it makes things worse usually. I’ll wait for something official.

• Boris // October 2, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Oh no please don’t let this be true. Interesting piece on how he signed Faye here:

I said, ‘Amdy, if you escape, these dogs, one of them will bite your legs, the other bites your b*****ks.’ ” He stayed the night and the deal was done the next day.

• Boris // October 2, 2009 at 1:29 pm

He’s evens now.

• Martyn(waynesmate) // October 2, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Harry is not going to Portsmouth you heard it wrong it`s Portland cos wrighty wants a break

• Laurence // January 16, 2010 at 9:06 pm

So this was the tax evasion stuff leaking. What people should understand is that Spurs has always been run by wide boys – e.g. Sugar, Venebles, etc – so it would have to be proved for Spurs even to consider taking action. Also as a taxpayer I am a bit mistified how a two year investigation plus associated court costs for a mere £40K makes any sense. It’s got to br costing over 10 times that to get him convicted. For redknapp, he can claim that he added his tax bill up wrong as its only spare change to him. Anyway good luck Harry – I’ll come to the Court and cheer you on, I’m practicising now – “Harry, Harry Redknapp, Harry Redknapp in the dock”, etc.

• jack ass harry // April 21, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Sack him and hire that Rosie instead.