Ouch

Don’t freak out everyone, but Rooney MIGHT be injured

Is this your worst nightmare?

Rooney

If The Spoiler were in charge, from now until June, Wayne Rooney would be forced at to live in a marshmallow house on a street made of matresses, and if he was ordered to play any more Man United matches, he’d do so from inside one of those massive see-through hamster balls that they used to have on Gladiators.

England simply can’t afford to be without him in South Africa.

Hence, it’s with trembling typing fingers that news has come in, and now gone out again, that the planet’s second best player is having all kinds of problems, thanks to a dodgy knee.

As reported in today’s Independent:

Rooney was limping heavily as he walked around the Old Trafford touchline an hour after Sunday’s match had finished and though he did not need medical treatment on Monday, he missed training sessions on Tuesday and yesterday and seems unlikely to play for United at Bolton on Saturday lunchtime.

The ultimate worry for Fabio Capello is an injury to Rooney.

Is it time to rest him? Yeah, get Ferguson to rest him. That’s all he needs, a bit of rest. He’ll be fine after some rest.

Do NOT freak out.

• Lenny // March 25, 2010 at 10:54 am

Hopefully he will be fine and then get injured in the last game of the season, nice long rest over the summer

Stick your England up your A**s, here is hoping they dont get past the group stages

• andy // March 25, 2010 at 11:24 am

“That’s all he needs, a bit of rest”

All he needs is to be fit for united’s end of season, competing for the prem and the european cup. Fuck England.

• Phil // March 25, 2010 at 11:29 am

Don’t you just love a bit of patriotism…

Lenny – I take it you don’t originate from the shores of the mighty Britannia, so your comments are simply futile, however, Andy, I don’t get the same feeling form your comment, I guess you are a Utd fan? Therefore, I would expect better, surely it would be a proud moment as a club fan to say that one of your players was influencial in whatever success England may have in SA this summer, no?

• bam // March 25, 2010 at 11:45 am

Doubt it’ll actually stop him playing this WC but I have a feeling that Rooney is going to end up having multiple injury problems later in his career. He keeps being played even with these little niggly injuries, eventually they’ll build up & he’ll do long term serious damage. OK you can say he needs to be played because his club need him & certainly England need him if they are to accomplish anything & if he can play with a slightly dodgy knee then so be it, but if I were Rooney I’d keep an eye on the long term & make sure I was cursing myself to big injury issues later in my career by playing on something that should be rested.

• andy // March 25, 2010 at 11:52 am

Phil, there are plenty of reasons any sane United fan wouldn’t want England to succeed on any level (I won’t list them here), I do however agree with your point and wish any United player playing for England great success.

I just won’t be watching.

• Dan // March 25, 2010 at 11:59 am

‘the planet’s second best player’?

• mustard // March 25, 2010 at 12:17 pm

You say you won’t watch andy, because you LOVE MANCHESTER UNITED MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD – EVEN ENGLAND.

But I bet you will be watching Andy. And I’ll bet you’ll be watching it wearing a yellow and green scarf andy.

And I bet you’ll accessorise your lovely protest scarf with a replica man u shirt with rooney pinted on the back, that cost £80 from the club shop – YOU MUG

• andy // March 25, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Spot on mustard, except my £80 replica man u shirt has Tevez printed on it.

Nice caps work too.

• Tim // March 25, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Don’t you just love a good bit of nationalism?

• Josh // March 25, 2010 at 12:48 pm

You’re all douche bags. England’s fate in the World Cup is vastly more important than any premiership club’s league success. The FA should publicly advise Ferguson to pack it in and rest Rooney. He won’t though, because he’s a Scottish piece of shit.

• andy // March 25, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Josh – who pays his wages, who has spent countless millions training him thus turning him into England’s Great Hope?

• gamblino // March 25, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Club before country.
    The world cup’s just a bit of fun and a chance to put the yanks in their place – which we could do with a B team anyway.

• Martin // March 25, 2010 at 7:29 pm

gamblino- you must be one of those who believe in the value of y0ur overhyped england team every world cup. i can’t help but notice the shear amount of your fans that think your team is so great because they seem to equate the superiority of the prem with england. can’t wait to see you knocked out in the quarter finals again. of course, your flippant attitude towards country probably underlies your unconscious knowledge that you’ll get knocked out anyways, and that you’ll have to keep on living in the hopes of ’66 coming back. haha. try qualifying for euros first next time.