Man Wants Out

Well, it’s official, Craig Bellamy hates Roberto Mancini

“… and then you get this train, going to Seven Sisters…”

Bellamy and Mancini

Not so much football’s Marmite, Craig Bellamy is more like football’s stilton - some think of him as an absolute treat, but most would probably rather not, thanks. He’s just so angry all of the time.

As it happens, The Spoiler doesn’t mind the gobby little Welshman – his interesting take on John Terry during an interview a little bit earlier in the year was a particular highlight. But, unfortunately, it all seems to have gone rather bosoms upwards between the tatted-up speed merchant and his boss, Roberto Mancini.

According to today’s Daily Mail, the two have always endured a rather strained relationship, with Craig – in the manner of a disgruntled teen reacting with utter dismay to the arrival of a new man in his mother’s bed – never quite getting over the departure of Mark Hughes. And now the message seems to be “either he goes, or I do”.

The word on the street is that Bellamy has long been unimpressed with Mancini’s various training techniques, and things very nearly bubbled over a few weeks ago, when the winger was overheard giving vocal support to David Moyes after the two managers scuffled during the Everton match.

Should City managed to secure the final Champions League spot, and should Mancini choose to stay on board, then Bellamy will be looking for new digs.

But where should he go? And, more importantly, who would have him?

Let us know your thoughts with a comment.

• Ashcrapper // April 20, 2010 at 10:08 am

hopefully he will just fuck off. the horrible little cunt

• Neil Crosby // April 20, 2010 at 10:13 am

‘Well, it’s official, Craig Bellamy hates Roberto Mancini’

This ridiculous headline has absolutely no bearing on this story whatsoever.

• JoshBurt // April 20, 2010 at 10:14 am

Thanks for the comment, but I think I disagree, Neil. Bellamy has reportedly issued an “either he goes, or I go” ultimatum – which is the story. This is a fairly strong reaction to a manager. I’d call that reaction “hate”…

• jak // April 20, 2010 at 10:18 am

He may be a little cunt, but he is our little cunt. Still good for off the bench next season.

• Ashcrapper // April 20, 2010 at 10:24 am

@ jak – hahahaha :D

• Neil Crosby // April 20, 2010 at 10:59 am

I’m sorry Josh, there is no evidence to suggest Bellamy has issued an ultimatum.

Your headline and the use of the word hate is nothing short of hysterical.

• mr. chopper // April 20, 2010 at 11:31 am

BUT THE MAIL SAID IT AND THEY SAID THAT BROWN PEOPLE ARE TAKING MY JOBS AND LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE LEAGUE NEXT YEAR YES YES ITS TRUE END OF STORY

• George // April 20, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Word, Mr Chopper. The Daily Mail – toy newspaper of they year, every fucking year since its scaremongering right-wing bullshit first hit our growing population of impressionable idiots.

• Batch // April 20, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Neil, if that is what you call “hysterical” you should probably get out more and/or get a proper sense of humour.

If you just come on this site to write crap, please don’t bother – nobody’s interested.

• Ashcrapper // April 20, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Are you a bitter Neil by any chance?

• Neil Crosby // April 20, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Batch – And what makes you think anyone is interested in what you say – you need to learn to write in English first.

• Ashcrapper // April 20, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Are you a bitter by any chance Neil?

• Tristan Mann // April 20, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Spurs will probably pay over the odds for him, despite the fact he’s 30 and they already have Lennon and Bale.

• Phil // April 20, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Neil, if you could measure interesting comments on a scale, I think Batch would be pushing at least a seven out of ten, as, interestingly, I feel a sense of humour is essential when visiting The Spolier, plus, his use of English is far batter than some posts I have seen on here of late, just to add my tuppence worth that is…

• tublu // April 20, 2010 at 6:45 pm

ashcrapper, what’s a bitter ? i guess you mean man city fan but not certain. please explain to us all.

• Ashcrapper // April 20, 2010 at 6:49 pm

it is indeed a city fan.

• Batch // April 21, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Hi Neil! I’m pretty sure nobody is interested in what I say – as you can see from my previous comment, it was directed at you. Whether you’re interested in it or not, I don’t really care.

I’ve just triple-checked my previous comment, and as far as I can tell, it makes sense. If you care to re-write it, please do. Your mockery is nothing short of hysterical*!

* in the “Neil” sense of the word

• Phil // April 21, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Batch – I commented on the interesting merit of your post, see comment 14 – thrippence worth now!!

• Neil Crosby // April 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Batch and Phil,

Thank you for your keen and continued interest in my posts.

• Phil // April 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Afternoon Neil, you’re more than welcome! I wait with bated breath for your next pearl of wisdom and shall be looking out in anticipation for all future posts…