• Lloyd // July 12, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Honestly, this is a very good team. I might plump for Friedrich or Nelsen over Pique, though. Still, a good team–well done not picking Sneijder; I thought he was very overrated this tournament, as most of his goals were due to deflections.

• jamjam // July 12, 2010 at 4:10 pm

i think i would not pick inesta , instead use two forward with muler and forlan , and bring in alexi Sanches the chilean fellow !!!

• Fabio // July 12, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I thinka you still needa to finda space for Heskey!

• Bobby // July 12, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Long time reader, first time poster.

You are missing Hernández because he was fucking superb for Mexico – even if the team didn’t get very far.

I am a Chelsea fan, and even I can see how Manu have made the stealth signing of the year.

If that kid can adapt to the premiership, he could bench an unfit and out of form Rooney in Alex’s beloved set up.

Also, I agree with Iniesta being dropped, a great player he is, but this was not his world cup until 3 minutes before full time.

Poor sod was unfit, and knackered, and they still felt obliged to keep him on the pitch.

• diegomaradona // July 12, 2010 at 10:26 pm

What no Michael Bradley or Landycakes…oh, I just threw up in my mouth.

• Got Soccer? // July 13, 2010 at 6:01 am

couldn’t agree more with the pics. well done.

• Garm // July 13, 2010 at 6:16 am

@Bobby and jamjam

No clue what you’re talking about. Iniesta was brilliant. Statistically he stacks up very favorably against Arjen Robben in terms of offense. The both scored two goals on 11 shots. Iniesta also ran about 15 kilometers further than Robben (tho’ had one match extra) and attempted about twice the passes, completing at a higher rate.

• SDMichael // July 13, 2010 at 6:27 am

Seeing as so many Spaniards feature in your XI, I would include Howard Webb at slot number XII.

• Jamie // July 13, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Like almost every team I’ve seen great choices in attack and midfield and in goal, poor defensive choices. Every one of your back four are overrated, Fucile and Lahm are the players you should have at full back.

• Nick // July 14, 2010 at 1:14 am

really…no Puyol… absolutely carried his team in the back.

• Jamie // July 16, 2010 at 12:16 am

People must be picking Puyol or Pique because Spain got to the final and kept so many clean sheets. But Puyol and Pique didn’t look all that solid, or make that many great tackles. Spain’s greatest defender is Xavi because he never gives the ball away. The other thing is apart from Chile most teams were afraid of Spain and sat back so much it made it hard to put the Spanish back 4 under pressure.

• Omed // July 27, 2010 at 7:16 pm

How can you now put Snijder in there probably best midfielder of the tournament, scored planty of goals and gave amazing passes, he was the one the took Holland into the final.

I like iniesta but i think Snijder should be there sorry boys but this is my opinion.