Transfer News

Fabregas drops a serious hint that he might be off

“Let me go!”

Fabregas Wenger

As hints go, Fabregas’ World Cup bench warming was as subtle a sign of things to come as getting booed the very minute you turn up at a wedding. And yet, the Arsenal skipper would seemingly take a season of crosswords with Bojan Krkic and Rafael Marquez over actually playing for the London team.

He said this, as reported in The Independent:

“He (Wenger) doesn’t want me to leave.”

“And in my last conversation with him in London, it was one of the most difficult moments I have experienced.”

“I ended up very upset.”

Is it time for Wenger to unlock the shackles? Let us know with a comment.

Here’s what Tyneside’s Bob Dylan would probably say on the matter:

• fourstar // July 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Not you as well.

Nonsense quotes from a variety of unreliable sources pulled together by ‘AS’ in Spain into a non-story and repeated as gospel by the unrelentingly useless British press.

Fabregas will start this season an Arsenal player.

End of.

• Alex // July 30, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I wonder what cesc must feel like if he read the stuff people say that he said. Even if cesc were to go to barca he would be screwing his own career over and would become a worthless bench warmer. Cesc you are king at arsenal… dont leave or you will regret it in 4 years when no one wants you anymore.

• Phil // July 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Sounds to me like he doesn’t really know what he wants to do. Not that he has made up his mind about leaving..

• JV // July 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm

*Tiring

• JV // July 30, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I’m not even an Arsenal supporter and I am trying of this. P*ss or get off the pot, Cesc!

• Benny Hana // August 1, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Cesc will be playing crosswords online with Rafa…. because theyre gonna be an ocean away with Marquez going to RedBullshit.

• Caution // August 2, 2010 at 5:14 am

Come on guys , Arsenal have very little chance with or without Cesc. It’s gonna be the same story, different season – men vs. boys.

Cesc is trapped between win nothing with Arsenal, as their captain, or winning everything with Barcelona from the bench.