Kenny Huang facts, and a Joe Cole/Stevie G conundrum
Liverpool fans, is this the new King Kenny?
If you happen to be in the vicinity of Cheshire or Preston today, chances are that there’s a strange noise in the air – a bit like a a swarm of bumblebees all clearing their throats in unison.
Don’t be alarmed, it’s just the distant echo of Liverpool locals discussing their potential new chairman – a Chinese chap called Kenneth “Kenny” Huang.
The word on the street is that Kenny isn’t the kind of guy who willingly talks to street hacks or serious hardcore sports journalists, so here’s what The Spoiler has managed to cobble together, concerning this mysterious character:
- He’s negotiating with Royal Bank of Scotland to take over Liverpool, in a deal worth around £350million – NOT the £800million that Tom Hicks seemed to have in mind.
- With debts of about £237million, that would leave a little in the kitty for Hodgson to spend on Danny Murphy.
- Kenny cut his business teeth working on the New York Stock Exchange.
- A “deal maker” of some note, he has already mixed sport with intense city business, by cutting deals between the New York Yankees and some big Chinese marketing businesses.
- Apparently, according to today’s Guardian, he used to be an excellent Badminton player.
- There are lots of people in China. People = money.
In other exciting/intriguing Liverpool news, Joe Cole has made it quite clear that he fancies having a crack at playing in the Steven G spot just behind the lone striker next season.
But who would YOU play in that position, Liverpool fans? Let us know with a vote and a comment.