JACKASS

FC Twente’s Theo Janssen really, really likes Grolsch

Death-defying alcohol recovery operation

Anyone who saw Tottenham take on FC Twente in the Champions League last night may have noticed Steve McClaren’s old team have one or two slightly unprofessional/mental types amongst their ranks.

Here’s cult hero Theo Janssen putting his career on the line by jumping out of the back of a moving bus to claim a crate of the club’s hometown beer Grolsch (not a drink to break your legs for) during the Eredivisie champions’ title celebrations last season.

Theo obviously likes to take a chance on a big reward. If you’re also a fan of a gamble, get a free £25 Betway betting bonus at Bettingexpert.com

• Dirk Tukker // September 30, 2010 at 5:34 pm

If you really tasted Grolsch you would now its tastes DIVINE. Its the best Dutch lager beer.
    Its worth to die for!
    When you give a horse Grolsch to drink it pisses Guiness.

• Hitler // September 30, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Grolsch actually means “Golden Shower” in dutch.

A Golden Shower means something completely different in the uk.

Actually, I quite often get a pro to piss on me when I’m at the Bobby Moore’s, so I don’t mind the odd bottle of grolsch. Can see why other people don’t drink it though.

• Dirk Tukker // September 30, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Bullshit. Grolsch comes van the town of Groenlo or in pld Dutch Grolle. The family Groen (Green) had a brewery there. It has nothing to do with golden shower. Its a great beer, so try before you talk shit.

• Hitler // September 30, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Dirk, you are wrong.

I invaded Holland over 60 years ago as part of my plan for world domination.

It was common knowledge that grolsch, pronounced groo-els-ke-char, means golden shower.

• Fat Nakago // October 1, 2010 at 1:34 am

Hmmm….if this is what these ass clowns do when they win the Eredivisie, I shudder to think what might happen if they actually win the Champions League. Although, based on today’s match that sure as fock won’t be happening.

• Dirk Tukker // October 1, 2010 at 6:17 am

Dear Adolf! You were wrong 60 years ago and are still wrong. I know my language and you talk poop. To the Fat one i would say: With such a ref even a Belgium team can win. I think he forget his lenses and asked his linesman who forgot his glasses. I had a nice time in London although the beer there tasted like piggypis.

• Grollenaar // October 3, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I like Theo Janssen and I like Grolsch. I don’t see the problem in having a party in the bus after winning the eredivisie champions-title. Anyone who saw fc twente play against inter can confirm Janssen his professionality. He got hit in his face, but reacted very calm and professional. I live in the town of Groenlo were Grolsch is from. I’m sure I know much more about Groenlo than you Adolf.

• Hitler // October 3, 2010 at 9:40 pm

It does mean Golden Shower though.
    But I do actually quite like the taste of it. Then again, I also pay hookers to piss on me, so what do i know?

• fistofpeanuts // November 14, 2011 at 12:51 am

You obviously don’t know Theo Janssen. He’s a pretty professional player to say the least.

Look at Rooney, I’d put him way below Janssen on the professionality list …