PES > FIFA

A brief history of FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer

ITSAGOAL!

Following on from the unnecessary video game references in yesterday’s posts, The Spoiler thought this was too good to be hidden away in the link dump.

It’s a ten minute journey through the evolution of everyone’s favourite football games, FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer. Marvel at how far we’ve come (or in Pro Evo’s case, regressed.)

[spotted on EPL Talk via The Offside]

Get Fifa 11 and plenty more xbox 360 games at LOVEFiLM today, rent or buy, your choice!

• Blake // October 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Dude, PES 2011 is MILES ahead of FIFA 11. The mechanics are incredible, the presentation feels like a broacast. The player movements, momentum, collisions, and touches are so far beyond FIFA’s reach its no comparison. This is coming from a 7 year FIFA buyer and I will say, PES 2010 was shabby, but this year they really stepped their game up and I will never go back to FIFA again. Absolutely no comparison for realism. People just like Fifa more because its more simplified and less difficult.

• Blaine // October 28, 2010 at 6:30 pm

I like FIFA because they have the real team names.

Did PES ever get that or do they still have Chelsea as the “London Blues”?

• Blair // October 29, 2010 at 12:28 pm

blaine that is a stupid reason to like fifa. ea has the rights pro evo doesnt have that kind of budget but the game is better

• BlaBla // October 30, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Blake,

where did you see that Fifa is easier ? I got tired of PES due to low difficulty, winning 6:0 every game. And Fifa 10 is much more challenging IMO. In PES, every 40 m pass across the pitch would land smoothly on the foot of the targetted player. In Fifa 10, it never work except if you’re called Del Piero or Xavi…

• partager // November 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I’ve always bought PEV and FIFA every year. Until the last couple of years, PEV has been dominant, but now FIFA is better in every way. The physics are far superior in FIFA 11 to anything that’s been out before, and the difficulty is miles ahead as a result of the realism. PEV has some catching up to do.

• Blake // November 1, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Trust me, I’ve got ‘em both. Fifa is wayyyy easier, I didn’t see it anywhere, its from experience. The AI defense in Fifa is so incredibly predictable – the same moves burn them every time and you can walk in and score at will. And the players cant make a realistic pass-it seems like there’s only a few predetermined lines the ball can travel on. The AI and intuition of players in PES is sooo much better. They actually make passes that real players would make. And mistakes that real players make. The realism is no comparison. You can’t seriously believe that the physics and mechanics of Fifa are better, can you? Thats absurd. PES has thee best mechanics I’ve seen in a sports game ever. Madden, NHL, NBA are all worse than Fifa, but PES is so much better. PES 2011 that is. I will concede Fifa 2010 was the better game b/t those two, but you must be mental to really think Fifa 11 is better…