MORE TROUBLE

Joey Barton could be in trouble with the FA for allegedly calling Fernando Torres a ‘poof’

You talkin ta me?

Controversial Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton appears to have landed himself in hot water once more after yadda yadda yadda.

Basically, Barton has been caught being an idiot for the 6,001st time and now he might get in trouble for it. Again.

/otp

• jamajam // December 13, 2010 at 6:53 pm

go on fernando ,, rip his balls off with yer teeth !!!

• OldCrown // December 13, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Surely this is ridiculous?
    I’m sure a lot worse things than “poof” are said in Premier League matches every week.
    I suppose he’s not in trouble for the word he said before “poof”, that’s quite a rude one too!

• Fiel // December 14, 2010 at 12:43 am

The problem is not rudeness I don’t care how many f*cks and c*nts Barton uses it the homophobia. If he were to use a racial slur instead of a sexual one would we be just calling it rudeness. That being said a crackdown on this language and we don’t have a game the problem is so ingrained so probably it will continue to be allowed like fighting in hockey.

• Red // December 14, 2010 at 6:01 am

Barton’s a right little c**t and he needs a dig in the eye.

Homophobia’s got no place in football, Barton shouldn’t have a place either, after what he’s done.

• Fat Nakago // December 14, 2010 at 7:31 am

A poof he called him? Well, Joey certainly knows what he’s talking about. Why is this a big deal? Oh yeh….Joey Barton is a lout. But so what??

I don’t really see what’s so homophobic about it. My brother is gay and he thinks Torres is a poof.

Being is a poof has nothing to do with gender or sexual orientation…it’s more a matter of style and culture. Or the lack thereof.

What do you want Barton to call him, instead? A pretty boy?? A nancy boy??

Barton is quite correct in what he says. And if Torres wanted to prove otherwise, well, then why doesn’t the little poof pop the lout in the mouth?

Oh yeh…it’s Torres vs. Barton….and we all know who comes out of THAT one alive.

• bill // December 14, 2010 at 1:46 pm

I dont know about that id have to fancy torres’s chances in that fight

• OldCrown // December 14, 2010 at 2:32 pm

So thinking “poof” is homophobic means you are in fact homophobic.

• Red // December 15, 2010 at 3:38 am

If that’s your opinion, by your own dumb standards you, FatNakago, are a fucking great poof.

It’s okay though, I can use the term because my dog humped a male dog once.

Oh and ‘we all know who’ll come out of that one alive’..really? Barton only picks on little lads, he’s got balls the size of a couple of peas.

Dopey cunt.

• GoonerVance // December 18, 2010 at 5:14 am

Wouldn’t it only be similar to a racial slur if Fernando Torres was in fact gay? Otherwise it’s merely suggesting Torres has some feminine qualities. In short, I’d hit it.

• doovoodoll // October 19, 2011 at 6:59 am

Barton? Marks out of ten? I’d give him one!!

I wish he was a poof. I would queue.