bloody hell!

OMG! Sexist Andy Gray has been sacked by Sky!

We definitely wouldn’t

gray.jpg

There’s nothing The Spoiler likes more than a bit of breaking news right at the end of a working day – and we’ve gone and got ourselves a MASSIVE one today!

ANDY GRAY HAS BEEN SACKED BY SKY! He’s gone. Done.

Sky Sports released this statement…

“Sky Sports today terminated its contract with Andy Gray.

The decision, which is effective immediately, was made in response to new evidence of unacceptable and offensive behaviour.

The new evidence, relating to an off-air incident that took place in December 2010, came to light after Andy Gray had already been subjected to disciplinary action for his comments of 22nd January 2011.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, said: “Andy Gray’s contract has been terminated for unacceptable behaviour.

“After issuing a warning yesterday, we have no hesitation in taking this action after becoming aware of new information today.”

Apparently, this is the new evidence that lead to the sacking…

What do you think about it all? Fully justified? Or is it Murdoch getting revenge for Gray POSSIBLY suing the News of the World over ALLEGED phone tapping?

We’ve already given you some options over who should replace him here, so let us know what you think about the whole thing below – The Spoiler would very much like to know what everyone makes of it all…

• James Richardson // January 25, 2011 at 5:48 pm

• Bob Morris // January 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Best News I’ve Heard All Day!
    I will now enjoy Sky Football!
    I’m Gona Get The Beers In Over This One!

• Asprilla111 // January 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I guess he didn’t have the final word on this one? … :-D

• Rob // January 25, 2011 at 6:13 pm

How has the slimy richard keys kept his job?
    Sky should take advantage and clearout keys & Tyler aswell. The three of them have been aloof for years cosied as if untouchable no matter what garbage they spout.

• gamblino // January 25, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Kamara should replace them all. And all the Sky “news” people.

• Stevie the K // January 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Take a bow, son!

• Chris // January 25, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Hell yeah!

• Casper von Hamsterfanny // January 25, 2011 at 8:03 pm

How did he survive as long as he did???? It’s obvious his sexist behaviour isn’t out-of-character for him. It IS his character.

Did anybody complain about his behaviour? If not, why? Were they afraid for their jobs? Were they afraid of being perceived as snitchers? Were they afraid the complaint would fall on deaf ears?

If any of those scenarios are the reason for not lodging complaints against Gray and Keys…then Sky is also complicit in this whole affair. THEY should be investigated for allowing a corporate culture like this to exist in the first place.

• elcynico // January 25, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Took them long enough. If Keys doesn’t go, then we’ll know it’s because of the alleged lawsuit that Gray went. They’re equally bad and equally repulsive.

• sunbeam // January 26, 2011 at 12:55 am

oh thats a shame. who is now going to patronise me by stating the blindingly obvious after a goal has been conceded?.

hopefully alan green from 5 Live is next to show his ignorance about modern society as opposed to just football which he does regularly.

• Blaine // January 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm

He’s not gone to me.

He’s still on my FIFA 11…

• Darth Murdoch // January 26, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Now that Gray and Keys are out of the way, my Dark Forces are free to destroy all these sad puny humans and this thing they call “football”. These sad excuses for men are so busy dancing deliriously on Gray’s grave, pledging their souls to feminism, that they will never notice my plan to destroy football on television. Darth Redknapp will carry out the rest of my work unopposed, with no humanity left to stop him. Now I must go. I have more Sky Sports videos from 1990 to sift through. Mwahahahaha! I smashed you!

Love from Rupert.